Allegra is commercialising a synthetic bone graft medical device, the Sr-HT-Gahnite bone substitute. We have exclusively licensed the Sr-HT-Gahnite Intellectual Property from The University of Sydney.
The medical device is a 3D printed bioceramic scaffold with outstanding potential for supporting bone regeneration in load bearing applications.
Current synthetic bone substitutes, of over 150 products, either regenerate bone or weight-bear. Sr-HT-Gahnite is capable of doing both!
Sr-HT-Gahnite Bone Substitute
Features and Benefits
- Load Bearing – studies have proven Sr-HT-Gahnite is capable of supporting weight, with potential for use in lower limbs and spinal placement
- Biodegradable – slowly breaks down over time, as bone regrowth replaces the scaffold
- Bioactive – promotes bone regeneration and regrowth
- Biocompatible – not rejected by the body
- Osteoconductive – able to support the growth of bone over its surface